Friday, August 10, 2012

Stitched Portraits: Tove Jansson

Yesterday was my anniversary (4 years with my Talia!) and we live very similar to the Moomintrolls, although we don't have a tree in the middle of our house. Their motto - to live in peace, plant potatoes, and dream - is a good motto. Talia and I do something like that, making new traditions everyday, with our own Little My...

Tove Jansson was from Finland and created the lovable Moomintrolls back in the 1940's because the War depressed her. She wrote many books and comics about them, but my favorite was written in 1952 - a children's book called The Book anout Moomin, Mymble, and Little My. It remains fresh even today, 60 years later.

In her later years Tove wrote exclusively for adults, but her little Moomins will forever make people of all ages very happy.

Tove Jansson (with 2 Moomintrolls):



No comments:

Post a Comment